Does Rogaine Work?
Rogaine was the first Hair loss product that was introduced on the market through an accidental discovery. In the 1980’s, it was seen by scientists that the ingredient minoxidil had the effect of being able to revitalize and grow hair. This was the first brand to be approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Authority) to grow hair, although there were a few side effects. The product line has evolved to include a number of different products as well as Rogaine leading the way for a marinade of other hair products for men formulas to come on the market.
With over 20 years of experience and clinical trials, it has been shown that 85% of men were showing signs of growth after 4 months of twice daily use. In addition Rogaine has also launched product specifically directed towards women hair loss or thinning hair as well as a few other supplemental products to be used in combination with their primary products. Worldwide Rogaine is probably the most well know and popular brand of hair growth formulas used and their reputation shows through in that popularity. While the success of the product for each individual varies depending on their own situation, if you fall under the guidelines of their product specifications the success rate is admirable.
Is Rogaine Right For Me?
Rogaine is very successful at meeting claims of hair growth as they are stated. It is important before deciding to use either the Rogaine foam or solution formulas that you are in fact a prime example who qualifies to benefit from its use. If any of the following situations pertain to you, it is likely that Rogaine will be of no benefit or harmful:
- You are women
- Your hair loss is not primarily similar to that of the graphics shown below
- The hair falling out is on the frontal scalp or in the form of a receding hairline
- If you do not have a genetic or family history of hair loss
- You are unsure of the reasons for your hair loss
- You are 18 years or younger
- If after use your scalp becomes irritated, red, painful or inflamed
- You use other medications on your scalp
- If you have any heart ailment you should consult your physician first
Rogaine Side Effects
Rogaine does use the FDA approved ingredient minoxidil along with other ingredients that are safe for use with the vast majority of clients but as with any products certain warnings and precautions need to be observed. Warning for use of these products are as follows:
- Extremely flammable, avoid all flames or smoking during or immediately after use
- Observe all gender uses – Rogaine for Men – Rogaine for women
- To be used for external scalp area only
- Avoid other body parts including eyes- rinse thoroughly with cold water
- Some may experience a change in their hair color or texture
Rogaine products should be kept safely out of the reach of children and use should be avoided if you are pregnant or currently breast-feeding. If you have currently begun the use of a Rogaine Product and experience any of the following symptoms, you should stop its further use and speak with your physician.
- If redness or any irritations on the scalp occurs
- Increase in weight gain
- If your hands or feet swell up
- Repaid beating heart, dizziness or chest pains
- If you do not see any substantial hair growth after four months
Where To Buy Rogaine
Unlike many of the hair growth product manufacturers, Rogaine has been in the market for a longer length of time and has developed a much larger distribution chain of suppliers, merchants and affiliates throughout the marketplace. The largest selection and best prices to be found are usually at Rogaine Products at Amazon as well as any free shipping and guarantees involved with the products. All shipping can be tracked and like any Amazon product they are the master of the online supply world.